A few days ago this Coca-Cola (Graphic Below) Information went viral on Facebook and it got everyone are RetroFit Ministries thinking, we should do something… Then, someone in our Becoming Healthy Together Facebook Group posted about a 21 Day No Junk Food commitment, and we knew we had to join in. With a new month starting, the timing was too perfect, so we are committing and encouraging everyone to take on the #21DaysOfNoJunk Dare!
Pushing ourselves to not eat junk food can be hard, so please know, we are taking this lightly. I’d also like to point out: we can’t name every food that should be under this challenge. With that in mind, I would encourage you to ask the question, “Is what I am about to eat helping my body nutritionally?” and if the answer is yes, its a good food to eat. If the answer is no, then it is probably junk. If you honestly dont know the answer to the question, then feel free to ask us for our opinion! No question is too dumb!
Why Take the #21DaysOfNoJunk Dare?
Choosing to not eat the junk is one of the greatest decision you can make for your health… It will change the way you feel, the way you move, the way you crave food. It can help you lose weight but more than that, going 21 days without junk food can help your body, taste buds and all, reset. What was “tart” before like a blueberry can reveal its sweetness; what was creamy can taste like lard because your tastes will reset. 21 Days of No Junk Food can be a huge step no matter what your ultimate health goal is!
What exactly does the #21DaysOfNoJunk Dare Involve?
Well the idea is simple, even though we know this is a tough dare to strike out on. Take the next 21 Days and focus on not eating the junk foods that have been in your life lately. Now I know, that takes a LOT of effort and we aren’t daring you to do this lightly. It will take planning, and focus and it will be hard, specially if you have been having food like this be a part of your daily habits. Ultimately, it is up to you how strict you go, and how much you accomplish but I will ask you to push yourself. Progress is made when we dare to fail. This is difficult, but you can do so much more than you even know!
Getting Started on the #30For30ForMom Dare:
- Like the RetroFit Ministries Facebook page
- Find the #21DaysOfNoJunk Dare under Events and click “going” then invite your friends to make it more fun!
- Get access to the 21 Day Checklist by signing up here!
- Mark your personal calendar, because your Dare starts Saturday August 1st!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your Checklist!!
The Fine Print for the #21DaysOfNoJunk Dare:
- Do your best, push yourself but also know that we are all human and we make mistakes. No one at RetroFit Ministries will judge you or your mistakes, we just want to encourage you to do your best!
- Make the best decisions you can, set yourself up for success by planning and ask as many questions as you need to in dare! We are here to help, and most of the time we will emphasize that it is YOUR decision how strict you make your dare.
- While this challenge is designed to encourage healthier eating decisions, a dramatic change in food choice is difficult and it requires a lot of work and preparation. Remember to always do your best and make the best choices you can. Do not beat yourself up for ANY mistakes you make, but use those moments to teach you how to better plan in the future. Also know that sometimes, Junk happens. Do your best!
- Use our #21DaysOfNoJunk Checklist, the Facebook Event and the Becoming Healthy Together Facebook Group to record your daily mileage. Let’s see how fast we can get there and how far we can go this month!
- Be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.